We are deSter, part of gategroup, We design and manufacture food packaging, serving both foodservice as airline customers worldwide. By capturing the customer’s unique style and individual needs we create innovative, functional and user-friendly packaging. Our in-house manufacturing is specialized in thermoformed and injection molded plastics, cutlery packs, condiments and aluminum products
We are looking for a Product Developer Food Packaging and cutlery to join our Product Development team.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Product development education – Master or similar by work experience
Minimum 5 years of work experience in product management / product development / product engineering
Knowledge on food packaging products: thermoforming, injection molding, plastic materials, sealing applications, ... (functionality, specifications, production processes)
Product development process know-how. (how to develop a product, how to put it on the market…)
Market knowledge in foodservice and/or airline
Feeling and understanding of design (product/graphical design) Clear presentation and communication skills (written and oral)
Project management skills
Analytical skills to perform product analysis and to define processes.
Computer and software knowledge (powerpoint, excel, word)
Customer and solution oriented mindset. Entrepreneurial attitude,
Open minded to be able to give different perspectives on problems related to customers, products, processes and production techniques
Team player with ability to function in cross-functional contexts (both as leader and team member) Down to earth, able to get along with manufacturing workers, customers and direct colleagues Flexible, both in task diversification and in working hours
Show of ownership and responsibility Well organized, accurate
Product Developer with a strong development background in food packaging combined with commercial feeling.
Effectively balance the customer expectations towards the commercial, design and technical aspects during new product developments.
One key area of focus will be food packaging (QSR, foodprocessors and distribution), but will also include developments for the airline industry.
Responsible for new product development and the product development process
• Involved in co-development projects with our key customers. Collaboration, where the Product Developer explores the needs and possibilities with the customer, translates them into a clear development to the rest of the organization, to then manage this development from beginning to end.
• Identifies and drives the next proactive product developments for specific markets and responsible product ranges (e.g. cutlery) to impact turnover and profitability of deSter.
Based on the identification of trends in dining, food and hospitality and based on customer, market, competitor and supplier insights ….
• Has operational understanding of food service and airline market to identify and implement the right product functionalities
• Has technical understanding of packaging production techniques, such as thermoforming and injection molding and the related plastic and sustainable materials.
• Stakeholder management: has a level of seniority to bring the needs of the different stakeholders together.
• Excellent project management: manage projects, and give direction especially to sales, design, engineering and procurement … to create the best customer solution taking into account added value, operations, design and feasibility
• Support sales in presentations to customers. Create a level of excitement.
Responsible for the specifications of a product /development
• Define specification of product solutions as input for the deal making process.
• Make sure the specifications are in line with the customer expectations on usage of the products, operations, logistics
• Responsible for the product approval process
• Adjust specs and products based on learnings from quality
• Propose specs changes to enhance profitability
Define and gather key info for the front end of the organization and make sure it is regularly updated:
• Product catalog, off the shelf solutions, customization options
Support the Quality Department in finding the root causes and solutions for quality complaints
Wij bieden U
Permanent job in a growing company, market-based salary supplemented with extra benefits