Gategroup is the leading independent provider of products, services and solutions related to an airline passenger’s onboard experience.
Gategroup’s brand Harmony creates unique and memorable experiences for travelers around the world.
We partner with world leading airlines and collaborate with high end brands to reinvent the comfort of travel and create iconic products.
deSter Harmony is now looking for a Softgoods Designer - Harmony to strengthen the design team.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• You have a bachelor or master’s degree in product design or fashion design.
• You have at least 5 years of experience within a design department or design agency. Preferably in soft sided cases and/or cut-and-sew products.
• You understand trends and know what are the next big things.
• You have a rare quality of being analytic, creative and operational at the same time.
• You like to work in team and are a real motivator and inspirator.
• You have knowledge of materials and construction of soft goods.
• You have interest in new textiles and new technologies.
• You have good communication and presentation skills.
• You have good project management skills.
• You have leadership skills.
• You have an entrepreneurial attitude and a customer and solution oriented mindset.
• You are proactive and take initiative.
• You are well organized and accurate
• You can perform towards sharp deadlines.
• You are experienced in communicating with Far East colleagues/partners.
You design soft goods products, being amenity kits, sleepwear, bedding and other comfort items which enhance the traveler’s comfort experience onboard.
The position holder reports directly to the Senior Softgoods Designer.
• You push and drive innovation within the company
• You create the concept together with the brand team in Amsterdam.
• You build a story around the concepts, fitting the identity of the customer and brands in mind.
• You are responsible for managing and executing projects in 2D & 3D environments
• You translate designs into a technical briefing for colleagues in Asia who coordinate the developments with the factories.
• You work with the product team to meet the right budget.
• You travel to customers around the world to present your designs and support sales.
• You travel to meet and collaborate with brand partners.
• You travel to the Far East to meet with manufacturing partners once a year.
• You travel often between the Amsterdam office, the Hoogstraten HQ and a co-working location in Antwerp.
Wij bieden U
WHAT WE OFFER
• Located amidst the green fields of Hoogstraten, only a 30-minute drive from Antwerp, we have our beautiful and inspiring Studio and production facility.
• A great open work environment with 35 creative people.
• Attractive office in the heart of Amsterdam, with a good high speed train connection to Antwerp.
• The ability to work from a co-working space in Antwerp.
• A wide network in an international company with opportunities for personal growth.
• and … an ice cream and pancake shop next door from our HQ in Hoogstraten!